Glassylite Headlight Restoration Kit

The place to review the products you've bought for your 4x4
Alterastro
Vehicle: Nissan Patrol LWB Aussie import - 4.8litre petrol but with LPG!!

Glassylite Headlight Restoration Kit

Postby Alterastro » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:14 pm

I've had really pitted and discoloured headlights on my Audi for ages now. I've tried a few things without much success...

I've been googling a lot and after reading lots of reviews decided to try Glassylite. Its a three step process including sanding, cleaning and coating.
TOR206.jpg
I was a bit dubious as I've tried sanding before without much success, but gave in to the advertising and reviews and ordered a pack from the States. The pack only costs around £20, but add another £20 for shipping, so £40 in total. It seems a lot, but unfortunately I couldn't find it any closer or cheaper.

The pack consists of two different types of sandpaper (very small sqaures!), a cleaning solution, a polish solution, the final coating solution and a glove.
TOR206-3.jpg

Using a spray bottle to keep the lens wet, you start off with one sandpaper and then the other. After that you use the polish and then finally the protective coating. I was a bit disappointed after the polish as it didn't seem too much better, but once I put the final coating on it was fantastic! The whole process took less than 30 minutes for both headlights and the end result is well worth the £40.

Before & After...
ImageImage

Obviously It only works on perspex lenses or covers and Its available on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GlassyLi ... ccessories

So 5 stars from me, just wish it was available locally to save the cost.

Nick :gr8:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Red Oktober
Vehicle: 4500cc 80 series cruiser

Re: Glassylite Headlight Restoration Kit

Postby Red Oktober » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:28 pm

Wow ...if you hadn't have said .... i'd have thought you'd replaced both units with new ones :o :gr8: :gr8: :gr8:

looks great ....does it work on rear lights as well

Carl ..The lone Hippy 4500cc 80 series cruiser

nomad102
Driving Examiner
Vehicle: Discovery 300tdi, cb, g90's, tank guard, 2+ lift, light bar and no carpets, snorkle, rased breathers

Postby nomad102 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:57 pm

looks good i will have to remember that as i know lots o people with that problem :mrgreen:

darkstar
Laning Co-ordinator
Vehicle: land rover discovery 300 tdi with 2" lift ,tyres,cb plenty off scratchs and smiles
Click

Postby darkstar » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:06 pm

:gr8: Thats a good result for £40 :yes:

Return to “Product Reviews”