Dave Brewer insurance services

Let others know about your experiences with companies and suppliers - both good and bad.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are moderated to ensure fairness. New posts will be approved by a moderator before being visible.
Red Oktober
Traffic Warden
Vehicle: 4500cc 80 series cruiser

Dave Brewer insurance services

Postby Red Oktober » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:15 am

Hey guys ...
Have been trying to get my insurance through Dave Brewer. at 4x4 modified insurance.
But he keeps blanking me for some reason. ... This is the 2nd year running he's done this.

last year he used the excuse that I had left it too close to the renewal date. ...... This year I reminded him a month before it was due and even sent him a copy of the renewal email. ... After being told a couple of times he would deal with it the next day he completely blanked me and now I've been blocked from his fb group. ...

Carl ..The lone Hippy 4500cc 80 series cruiser

timberjohn
Event Leader
Vehicle: Land Rover 90, OME 2" lift kit, winch, Cooper STT's, snorkel & a few other bits & pieces.

Re: Dave Brewer insurance services

Postby timberjohn » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:37 am

The problem with insurance is that you don't know how good it will be until the need arises. But, in my opinion, you might need to consider how much faith you would have in the event of a claim, communication being essential at such times. :yes:

Sharky
Experienced Driver
Vehicle: Defender 90 300 Tdi

Postby Sharky » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:48 pm

As John says above, if he is difficult to contact just to to get a renewal then the chances of him being contactable in the event of a claim would be minimal in my opinion, I would look elsewhere mate!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Red Oktober
Traffic Warden
Vehicle: 4500cc 80 series cruiser

Postby Red Oktober » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:03 pm

Has been sorted ...... I went with Adrian Flux

Carl ..The lone Hippy 4500cc 80 series cruiser

roryston
Experienced Driver
Vehicle: SUZUKI VITARA MK1 SWB

Postby roryston » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:44 pm

He was good with me when I wanted to insure my truck but his underwriting is very basic.

If you use the truck everyday or for anything but greenlaning/offroading he doesn't want to know.

Basically your insured against risks to other motorists if your going to or from a event, if your using it to nip to the shops in and you his a car your not covered

Return to “Company Reviews”