Bulgaria/Turkey 2019

Fancy some off-roading abroad? Look no further!
ratrace
Advanced Driving Instructor
Vehicle: 1989/90 MITSUBISHI PAJERO EXCEED 2.5 LWB

1996 LAND ROVER DISCOVERY TDI MODIFIED OFF ROAD

Bulgaria/Turkey 2019

Post by ratrace » Mon May 20, 2019 8:17 am

Well off again via Bulgaria to Turkey in 2 weeks
Landrover now has Bulgaria number plate so hopefully it will be a bit faster get into turkey this time and we are not going via Istanbul this time, we will try to sort out and pay for the toll roads

Now for the landcrusier it pass it mot with one minor problem the blood fog light bulb need changing so hopefully will be off to Spain for more in September

ratrace

Re: Bulgaria/Turkey 2019

Post by ratrace » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:35 am

Arrive at Chris place mine is ready just got to pack away a few bit and go shopping for beer and food

And nice new number plate as well and new headlights as well

ratrace

Re: Bulgaria/Turkey 2019

Post by ratrace » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:27 pm

Just to let you know we are bother safe
So far we have wild camp 4 nights, but tonight it's a hotel as I need a shower and wi fi
Had a bit of trouble one night, the local people did not like the idea we were sleeping just off the track so we just more on and found a better place
You like this got pull over by the local army just to check passports and check the inside the vehicle, they saw the drone and went into one, they try to keep it, but another guy from post turn up and we told him we were only using it in the mountains, well in the end they let me have it back and they were all smiles again and they let us go. Soon found why there was a check point on the highway a few miles down the road there was a army base
So far done just over 1000 miles and only broken the same wing mirror twice
Guess what the next trip is next year I hope we are going to Chernobyl and if we have time pop into Belarus
Sorry no pics the files are way to big for this site and I am not going to downsize them,
There is no on here these days so not worth the time