Imber Church

<div style="background-color: none transparent;"><a href="http://www.rsspump.com/?web_widget/rss_ticker/news_widget" title="News Widget">News Widget</a></div>
Alterastro
Vehicle: Nissan Patrol LWB Aussie import - 4.8litre petrol but with LPG!!

Imber Church

Postby Alterastro » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:14 am

Not sure how restricting dates will stop trespass, surely it will make numbers unmanageable?!?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-40415434

Davey Boy
Advanced Driving Instructor
Vehicle: Nissan Patrol ZD30dti SVE

Re: Imber Church

Postby Davey Boy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:47 am

Hi Nick!
I was surprised to hear this on the news last night.
The guy showing the reporter around definitely gave me the impression he was anti, and he'd rather have it closed to the public all together. He made no mention of access to the church at all and quoted a figure of "5000 people on one day last year" !!!

I was looking to cruise......now I Patrol!

timberjohn
Laning Co-ordinator
Vehicle: Land Rover 90, OME 2" lift kit, winch, Cooper STT's, snorkel & a few other bits & pieces.

Postby timberjohn » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:27 pm

New man doing the risk assessments, he feels unable to devote sufficient manpower to maintain control over the prohibited area's. I went up there with some friends from Belgium at Easter & there were people all over the village with total disregard to the notices. The BBC have been giving the church a great deal of publicity but the visitors go for the whole village not just the church, to the MOD it's a training area visitors don't come into the equation. All of the original residents are now dead so I think the MOD consider their obligation to allow access is now reduced.

foxtrial
Full Licence
Vehicle: TJ Wrangler, lift & lockers
Suzuki Jimny,

Postby foxtrial » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:26 am

Unfortunately this seems to be a recurring theme in modern times.
A subset of "The Public" have total disregard to simple requests not to: walk, cycle, drive or generally be on a piece of land.
Walkers on private land, Cyclist and horses on foot paths, vehicles driving off byways.
Either through stupidity, it's my right or worse just plain attitude of don't care.
Being out and about with the group unfortunately we can now add fly tipping as the latest proof of a nation with growing morally bankrupt subculture.

The problem is no punishment for the crimes!
Caused by no money to actually police or manager the scum.

Jeep "just enough essential parts"

VoldermortV8
Learner
Vehicle: Honda Crv Mk1 (Frank)

P38 Range Rover 4.6HSE V8 (Voldermort)

BMW X5 4.4V8 (The Beast)

Postby VoldermortV8 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:03 pm

Imber was open over the Bank Holiday weekend so whilst up on the Plains on Monday we thought we'd swing by. Been many times in the past, however, this time, only the church was accessable. The rest of Imber was covered in no entry tape, all the permiter fences and walls, all the buildings etc. Not to bothered myself as my boys and I have explored all the buildings (legally) in the past. Shame though access has been so severely restricted. Elf 'n' Safety innit :P

Return to “In The News...”