salisbury plains trip sunday 24th august

A place to organise greenlaning and other events

Moderator: Laning Co-ordinator

Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the four wheel drive club or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.
Talonrescueandrepair
Learner

salisbury plains trip sunday 24th august

Postby Talonrescueandrepair » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:43 pm

hey guys,

im trying to see if anybody is up for a day over the plains on sunday the 24th august, now i will say its been a good few years since ive been onto the plains so would be really usefull if somebody with good knowledge could come with us and lead just to ensure we dont get into trouble lol! i alreayd have 2 or 3 trucks coming with me aswell from my area (dorset)

any thoughts on this??

dan

Steve5car
Laning Co-ordinator
Vehicle: land rover discovery 1 , 3" lift,winch bumper,mud tyres,snorkel,steering guard ,etc

Re: salisbury plains trip sunday 24th august

Postby Steve5car » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:51 pm

can you not make it to the BBQ event ?
i`m sure there will be a trip to the plains again soon .

Talonrescueandrepair
Learner

Postby Talonrescueandrepair » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:19 pm

Unfortunately not got a very busy weekend that week and I've got to work on the Monday (triple time + a day off would be mad not to work lol)

PortsmouthBiker
Experienced Driver
Vehicle: Isuzu Trooper 3.0 Diesel
AT tyres

Postby PortsmouthBiker » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:46 pm

I actually planned a little laning that day, if you peek at my thread about it. If that's no good, you may or may not be pleased to know I'm nuts about the Plains, and plan to have quite a few outings there.

Alterastro
Vehicle: Nissan Patrol LWB Aussie import - 4.8litre petrol but with LPG!!

Postby Alterastro » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:19 pm

Whilst we're happy for you to arrange and have your own laning days, it very disappointing when we go to the trouble of organising some great events but the uptake is minimal. We have a great weekend planned for everyone for minimal cost. It's then a bit frustrating when you guys organise laning days on the same day in the same area. Sorry, I don't mean to rant, but just trying to find out what we're doing wrong?

The BBQ event is a day of laning starting around Salisbury and ending at a private estate, with private beach, BBQ, and lots of other cool stuff. You don't need to stay the whole weekend - in fact there is night laning organised for the Sunday night for those that can't stay longer and need to be home for Monday.

Again, not trying to rant, but just pointing out the facts in case you missed it.

Cheers

Nick

PortsmouthBiker
Experienced Driver
Vehicle: Isuzu Trooper 3.0 Diesel
AT tyres

Postby PortsmouthBiker » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:41 pm

Speaking entirely personally, and not for anyone else, all I can say is, I would -LOVE- to come out to Dorset laning and BBQing. I really would.

But I got two slight problems. One, I don't get much time off. I'm working Saturday, and Monday. So I got Sunday only. Two, it's just that little bit too far. I just changed jobs and I ran my funds right down. Sure, it's a very value for money day, but I literally can't afford to -get- there.

Time and money. Any other time, literally, I'd be delighted. Really!

darkstar
Laning Co-ordinator
Vehicle: land rover discovery 300 tdi with 2" lift ,tyres,cb plenty off scratchs and smiles
Click

Postby darkstar » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:41 pm

Hi guys just a quick one "gonna pop on my Rights of way hat" If you are planning to go out on the plains it's well advised to go/take someone who has good knowledge of the routes currently drivable on the plains as so many lanes have be re classified and in some cases completely closed to civilian traffic. The range wardens and secert cameras are on the look out for rouge/off piste drivers and are looking to secure future prosecution's against offenders please please make sure your legal and if in doubt wait till there's a proper guide or event to show you the way. Right hat off :)

timberjohn
Laning Co-ordinator
Vehicle: Land Rover 90, OME 2" lift kit, winch, Cooper STT's, snorkel & a few other bits & pieces.

Postby timberjohn » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:29 pm

PortsmouthBiker wrote:I actually planned a little laning that day, if you peek at my thread about it. If that's no good, you may or may not be pleased to know I'm nuts about the Plains, and plan to have quite a few outings there.

Jason you're doing both day's, I'm disappointed :( I thought you were going to avoid clashing with the club event.

Return to “Greenlaning and Other Events”