- Only one registration allowed per user. Any member found registering multiple user names will be issued a warning. Repeated violations may result in a temporary or permanent ban.
- You cannot change you user name after registration. If you made a mistake or wish to change it for a valid reason, please PM admin
- Before posting a new question, please use the search box and make sure your question hasn't already been answered. Many questions have several possible forums and the only way to know for sure that the question hasn't already been asked is to search.
- Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting.
- Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.
- Members are asked to not act as "back seat moderators". If members note an issue which contravenes something in this policy document they are welcome to bring it to the attention of a member of the Moderator Team. Only do this if a moderator team member has not replied within 6 hours. Do not respond to such topics yourself.
- Members should remember this board is aimed at a general audience. Posting pornographic or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. will not be tolerated and may lead to a ban.
- Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Members ignoring this rule will have the post removed and a warning issued.
- Members should respect the bandwidth of other users and sites. The use of inline () image tags pointing to data stored on third party systems for which the user has not received permission to link to may be removed.
- Members should post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". That is users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or coloured text, etc. Similarly users should not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts.
- Members should use an appropriate, descriptive title when posting a new topic. Examples of bad titles include; "Help me!", "I'm stuck!", "I've got a problem!", etc. Examples of good titles include; "Black smoke on startup", "X5 sidesteps needed", etc.
- Members are welcome to use the test forum for general "test purposes". These may include checking signatures, testing a link or image, etc. (subject to previous points on decency, copyright, etc.). Users posting in the test forum just to increase their post counts will be warned.
- Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstance. This includes offering hosting services (charged and free), installation services, solicitation etc. Users posting spam will be warned and their post removed. See specific item on spam and 3rd party linking for more information.
- The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.
- By posting on these forums you agree that “The Four Wheel Drive Club” have the right to remove, edit, move, store, keep or close any topic, information and images at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree that “The Four Wheel Drive Club” will have full authority over any information you have entered. You also agree to any information entered being stored in a database and stored/used on the forum with explicit authority of the “The Four Wheel Drive Club”.
- The above forum rules where applicable also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings (as above) and/or the revocation of private messaging.
- Most events are extremely popular.
- It is the club's intention that all events are free unless costs to the club are envolved. Please check each listing for details.
- To participate in an event, please follow the instructions on each event listing - This usually involves simply posting and requesting a space. As such, events are only open to registered members.
- Spaces are limited, so please get you names down quickly. Once an event is full, we will start a 'reserves list'. We will try our best to add groups to accomodate those on the reserve list, but this is not always possible. Please keep an eye on the listing to see if you have been moved from the reserves to a group.
- Please do not put your name down unless you are sure you can attend.
- To make it as fair as possible, any member who puts their name down for an event and pulls out with less than 48 hours notice or fails to turn up at all, more than once, will not be added to the next event they wish to attend, but will be placed straight onto the reserves list, only participating in the event if there is space.
- If you have your name down and you have to pull out, please let us know as soon as possible to allow another member to take your place.
- Events are organised and groups led by Event Leaders on a voluntary basis. Whilst every precaution is taken, the Four Wheel Drive Club and its representatives cannot be held responsible for any damage or injury, howsoever caused. You will be given a disclaimer to sign at the beginning of every event.
- More information on our events is HERE
- Signatures may contain up to five lines of text (of small or normal size) and/or one image, valid combinations include; a single image of no more than 100px high, 400px wide and 25kB (25000 Bytes) in size. Signatures containing an image this large may also include one line of small size text.
- Animated images are allowed providing the animation is not looped continuously and is unobtrusive.
- Text sizes should be between 75% and 100% (small and normal). Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, warez, emoticons, and so forth.
- Links in signatures are permitted to a maximum of two unique pages or sites. Linked sites may be commercial in nature. You may not link to warez, porn or political, racist or other similar hate sites. Links are included in signature size limits.
- The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit or remove any signature at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.
- Users abusing these rules will be warned.
- Users are permitted to utilise a gallery avatar or to link to one of their own (subject to previous points on misuse of bandwidth). User defined avatars are to be no larger than 90 pixels square.
- Animated avatars are allowed providing the animation is not looped continuously and is unobtrusive.
- Avatars may contain no image which attempts to portray the user as having an official status here (e.g. mimicking ranks or copying avatars of team members), may not exceed 6kB (6000 Bytes) in filesize and have a consistently high availability (i.e. links to images on slow servers or those prone to failure may be removed).
- Avatars are subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, and so forth.
- Users abusing these rules will be warned and/or may lose their avatar privileges
- Members should note this software and board are maintained on a voluntary basis. No team member receives payment of any kind for time spent here. Users should therefore not post demanding support, help, etc. Users who disrespect the work of team members will be warned.
- You may link to external sites. however, You may not link to warez, porn or political, racist or other similar hate sites.
- Any links deemed unacceptable by team members will be removed and if necessary a warning given
- fourwheeldriveclub.com operates a single strike policy. Users will be warned a maximum of one time for any and all offences in a three month period. If the need arises for a second warning a temporary ban will be put in place of between 1 to 7 days.
- Arguing with team members after having received a warning will lead to an immediate temporary ban as above.
- Users who feel they have been unfairly warned are welcome to contact Admin. If they feel you were treated badly they remove a warning.
- Persistent offenders will be permanently banned.
- Any attempt to circumvent a temporary ban will lead to that ban being made permanent. Circumvention includes re-registering under a non-banned username, changing IP addresses to evade an IP ban, registering a new email account of evade an email ban. Circumvention includes posting as an anonymous user.
- An exception to the single strike rule applies when users contact team members personally (via any method) and post insulting, indecent or vulgar material. Such users may be subject to an immediate permanent ban.
- Permanent bans are a last resort and thought is given before implementing them. While fourwheeldriveclub.com may consider lifting permanent bans from time to time this is a rare occurrence.
If you need any of our rules clarifying of have any comments, please contact Admin.
Thank you for taking the time to read our rules. Have fun!