Salisbury Plain

A place to organise greenlaning and other events

Moderator: Laning Co-ordinator

Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the four wheel drive club or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.
Atnas666
Full Licence
Vehicle: Jimny

Salisbury Plain

Postby Atnas666 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:03 pm

Trip to sailsbury plain next week 30/1/16
If any one is interested?

My old jimny My Jimny

timberjohn
Laning Co-ordinator
Vehicle: Land Rover 90, OME 2" lift kit, winch, Cooper STT's, snorkel & a few other bits & pieces.

Re: Salisbury Plain

Postby timberjohn » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:32 pm

Hi Oz, Please be sure to keep to the Public Rights of Way and drive responsibly. It is important that we present the right image to both the Police and the MOD. There is a new man in charge and we are trying to keep him onside regarding continued access.

In recent years great changes have taken place to the public rights of way on the Plain, many of the old routes shown on OS maps have been either "stopped up" (a legal term for closed) or have had the definitive line changed. I would therefore advice caution and careful research before going out for a drive.

On the plus side there is one newly designated byway, :yipi: the first in the country, and many permissive routes which have been negotiated with the DIO (Defence Infrastructure Organisation) as a trade off against those stopped up, sadly these don't, as yet show up on the current OS maps. There has also been an extensive way marking project undertaken jointly by DIO, Wiltshire Council and Treadlightly to help us all stay on the right track.

The following are links which, I think, you will find useful in planning a route:
http://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/communityan ... apping.htm
http://php.wiltshire.gov.uk/row/closure ... search.php
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/gree ... tice-guide

Hope this is helpful, if you have a query on any particular part of your route drop me a PM I will try my best to help. :yes:

Atnas666
Full Licence

Postby Atnas666 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:37 pm

Thanks i am aware of all the issues currently been happening on the plains lol.
Or even better pop along and show us the way :P

Droping u pm

My old jimny My Jimny

timberjohn
Laning Co-ordinator
Vehicle: Land Rover 90, OME 2" lift kit, winch, Cooper STT's, snorkel & a few other bits & pieces.

Postby timberjohn » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:40 pm

:oopsbig: Link's did'nt work :oops: I have edited them so should be OK now.

Atnas666
Full Licence

Postby Atnas666 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:12 pm

Thanks pm'd u any way

My old jimny My Jimny

Return to “Greenlaning and Other Events”