Looking for a Daihatsu D-LT expert

A place to discuss other 4x4 issues such as oils, fuels, tyres and non vehicle specific modifications
jwhitmore
Learner
Vehicle: Old Land Rover Series project which needs time

Looking for a Daihatsu D-LT expert

Postby jwhitmore » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:16 pm

Hello all, I'm new here, and visiting on behalf of me brother, who ain't into computers.

So long story short he has a Land Rover 110 which had been fitted with a Daihatsu D-LT, we think, engine. Now it the engine is overheating and investigating that it appears that the engine and the water pump are spinning in opposite directions. The fan is just bolted onto the front of the water pump directly, no belt or anything just straight connection to the shaft. You can see it here https://manuals.co/workshop/daihatsu/ro ... 576361/424

So I recorded my first youtube video in an attempt to find an answer to this puzzler but it's not helped at all, [1]. I hope that video shows the issue. Having looked at the video a few times I've then decided that the engine and the fan blades are spinning in one direction but the water pump and the alternator cooling fan are spinning in the opposite direction. Since Daihatsu are no longer active in Europe, or the UK, I assume experts are thin on the ground, or at least it's proving to be difficult to find one. I hope somebody can shed some light onto this or point me in the correct direction.

Cheers for any help, or motivation ;)

John

[1] https://youtu.be/J4Tf0kaRIFw

timberjohn
Laning Co-ordinator
Vehicle: Land Rover 90, OME 2" lift kit, winch, Cooper STT's, snorkel & a few other bits & pieces.

Re: Looking for a Daihatsu D-LT expert

Postby timberjohn » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:46 pm

Hello John and welcome to the club. :mrgreen:

Try messaging "Red Oktober" he was into Daihatsu trucks if I remember correctly. :gr8:

Return to “General 4x4 topics”